THERE are at least 1, 527, 664 cases of coronavirus in the United States according to Worldometers.info on May 18, 2020, 02:17 GMT.
To date, at least 90, 978 individuals in the U.S. have died from the coronavirus causing COVID-19.
At least 28, 325 of those COVID-19 deaths occurred in New York, 10, 366 in New Jersey; 5, 797 in Massachusetts, 4, 891 in Michigan, 4, 503 deaths in Pennsylvania, 4, 177 in Illinois, and 3, 298 related deaths reported in California.
Worldwide, more than 4.8 million cases have been reported, and 316, 671 related deaths.
Other US news bits:
- New Hampshire is facing a possible surge of coronavirus cases as visitors from harder-hit Massachusetts flock the neighboring state.
- Studies have found out how the new coronavirus could also fatally affect other body organs asides from the lungs.
- More people in the United States are going outside their homes due to the “quarantine fatigue” phenomenon even as coronavirus cases and deaths spring up.
- Reopening schools are pushed to 2021 in the United States, possibly beyond.
- People in the United States are horrified overseeing photos of crowded flights and relaxed social distancing onboard planes.